Sunday, August 18, 2013

Contacting Companies for Coupons

Have you tried contacting your favorite companies for coupons? This is an easy way to get great money-saving offers delivered right to your mailbox! No clipping required! Recently I contacted a few companies: Ore-Ida, McCormick, Chobani, Bigelow, and Turkey Hill.  Within a week I had gotten response emails from some and coupons in the mail from all of them! Success! Here's what I got:


(4) $.75 off any Ore-Ida product
(2) $.75 off any McCormick Grill Mates item
(1) $.75 off any McCormick item
(4) FREE 6 oz Chobani Greek yogurt
(1) $1.00 off any box of Bigelow tea
(10) various Turkey Hill beverages and ice cream product coupons

The company links above will take you directly to the company's online contact page where you can write them a short complimentary note. Here's a few tips on contacting companies for coupons:

1. Be honest and friendly. Never lie or give false praise to a company; it's dishonest and rude. However, if you truly have a complaint about a product, let the company know! They have those contact pages for a reason! Just do it with kindness.
2. Thank/praise the company for the products that you use and like.
3. Try to note a specific product (or flavor, size, package, edition, etc.) that you especially enjoy. Chances are, they will listen to your input and keep that product on the shelves!
4. Kindly inquire about sending you coupons.*
5. Provide your mailing address.
6. Re-contact the company every month or so. From my research, I'm finding that most companies allow you to contact them every 30 days for coupons. I know for a fact that Turkey Hill does this.

*Some blogs will tell you not to specifically ask for coupons, but rather wait to be "rewarded" with them for your kind comment. Well, I do not follow that rule! I come right out and ask if they would provide me with any money-saving coupons! I've studied some marketing in my courses at college, and from what I'm learning, I believe companies would love to have you ask for coupons if you ask in an honest, gracious manner. A consumer has greater odds of buying a product if he has a coupon for the item...sorry, I don't have the stats for that one readily available ;) ...so why wouldn't a company want you to have a coupon for one of their products that you already love? They're pretty much guaranteed the sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment